Hello there Desi Brides!
I hope you are all having a fabulous week!
So as you know I finally officially launched Desi Bride Dreams Wedding Planning last month which is my Asian wedding planning and Asian wedding coordination service.
The response has been phenomenal and I am so pleased and happy that some of you lovely Desi Brides have booked me for asian wedding planning and coordination!
So today I want to talk about Asian wedding planners and planning.
I think there is definitely a Asian stereotype attached to the Asian wedding planner in the UK. Brides think they can do it all themselves, or get their family or friends to help. They think Asian wedding planners are for the rich and famous, movie stars, Bollywood actors or for Arabian Princesses – WRONG.
Having a wedding planner should definitely not be considered a luxury and take it from me its worth every penny.
If you pick the right wedding planner then they can actually save you a whole lot of money in the long run. I would like to think that my wedding planner package is quite affordable and one of my main wedding planning mission would be to actually save you money. Why? Because I know how much money you’ll have coming out of your account or your parents account and I will actually spend your budget like its my own money. Because I KNOW money definitely doesn’t grow on trees and sometimes people plan weddings with lifetime savings. Your cash is precious and I know that.
OK fair enough if you are planning an English wedding and only have to cater for 100 guests then I can perhaps see the argument of not having a planner, but hello this is an Asian wedding! There will be an engagement, pre wed events and not to mention the wedding day to think about and not forgetting that all important India trip for your outfit shopping. There is A LOT of planning involved and research shows to plan an average Asian wedding it takes over 350 hours.
And if your a corporate high flyer or having a extremely busy day job then realistically when will you have the time?
The truth is that wedding planning is frikken stressful and very overwhelming at times, take it from me I’ve been there and got the t-shirt. You will get quotes through from suppliers and think hmmmmm is this exactly what I need? Or is this how much this kind of thing should cost? There will be lots of these moments and not forgetting the absolute stress at the end and I mean there is a lot of stress. No matter how organised you are there will be, as there will be things you can only do in the final weeks in the run up to the wedding. That’s why having a planner is so handy or at the very least a coordinator (yes I offer a awesome coordination package too).
So today I wanted to tell you about 20 things you’ll get from yours truly if you book me as your wedding planner. So here it goes…
1. I’ll be your BFF (Bridal Friend Forever) leading up to the weeks and months of your wedding!
2. You have unlimited contact with me whether that’s phone, email or turning up at my office 🙂
3. You’ll have planning meetings in the comfort of your own home – heeeeeeelllll yeah, and I’ll make sure I’ll bring the cupcakes, you just have the chai ready.
4. With your input I will plan and book everything for you – and I really do mean EVERYTHING. Makeup artists, decor, catering, legal items, entertainment, stationary, the list goes on and on. Anything to do with your wedding – I’ll be doing.
5. Fight (respectfully) with any suppliers for what you request instead of saying it’s “good enough”
6. I’ll be the first one at your venue and the last to leave
7. Have a knife, plate, and napkin ready for your cake cutting as well as making sure only the family members you want, feed you the cake!
8. Place table numbers and/or place cards in the right locations and make sure only the family that should be are on the reserved tables!
9. Put your cards in a very safe place and make sure the designated family contact gets all of the gifts so they don’t go missing!
10. Give your family a helping hand if they need to hand out the favours at the end of your big day. That goes for those box’s of ladoo’s and mithaai (nom nom)
11. Manage your spectacular entrance and making sure that all the family that needs to be there are and the DJ knows fully well you are making your entrance
12. Helping and guiding you in every step of the way when we are planning your magical day. I’ll make sure you get the best rates and negotiate on your behalf where I need to so that you and your family’s hard earned cash is spent in the right way on the right things. Because after all I will treat your money like my own money, because it’s hard earned right?
13. Making sure you get to the reception venue discreetly so no one sees you and get you to your changing room stress free!
14. I’ll attend all the meetings you need me to attend and give you my truthful opinion and expert knowledge on all things weddings!
15. You actually won’t be stressed! Whoop whoop. I’ll take care of all the wedmin (admin), emails, telephone calls and make sure you have the most magical day which is both specular and brilliantly organised.
16. You’ll have access to my list of trustworthy, reputable, reliable suppliers, because sometimes consultations and websites aren’t enough unfortunately in the Asian wedding industry and things do mess up 🙁 But with the relationships I have built over the years, I’ll make sure that doesn’t happen.
17. You’ll have a wedding theme which is magical and unforgettable and will leave your guests awe struck
18. You’ll actually save money if you hire me as I’ll make sure you don’t spend on unnecessary items and I have preferential rates agreed with my supplier network, which is absolutely fabulous news for my Desi brides.
19. They say two of the most stressful things in life are planning a wedding and moving house. So having me as your expert planner will make sure that you actually have fun planning the wedding of your dreams! After all is should be a joyous process not a stressful one.
20. You’ll have a wedding day which is brilliantly organised and runs smoothly from beginning to end. Why? Because I’ll be in charge.
Desi Bride Dreams Wedding Planning can offer full wedding planner packages, bespoke partial planning packages as well as a on the day coordination. I believe that not one package fits all and there is a package for every Desi Bride!
If you would like further information on how Desi Bride Dreams Wedding Planning can help with your special day then contact- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07939082844. I would love to see how I could help you!
You can also view my Asian wedding planner website over at http://desibridedreamsplanning.co.uk
If you never want to miss a blog post, an exclusive offer or want to be the first one to hear about our big news then sign up to the newsletter below.